Presenter Instructions: How to Upload Handouts
To upload handouts:
- Visit the Speaker Portal.
- Under the Speakers dropdown (in the top navigation bar), select Speaker Profile.
- Log in with your email address and password for the Speaker Portal (not the WASB website).
- Select the link to submit handouts for that session and upload your file. The file size limit is 10 MB.
- Name your handout and click on Submit.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed.
- Check the Complete Schedule to ensure that your handout uploaded correctly.
Note: Once a handout is submitted, the speaker is not able to delete it or modify it in the portal. If you you need to upload a new version, contact WASB staff so the original can be removed. Staff will remove the original handout. Speakers are responsible for uploading the new version. Staff will have limited time to do this during the week of the convention so be sure your handouts are correct at least one week before the convention begins.
- Expect attendees to access your handout on their devices during the presentation as well as print them before or after the convention. So if your file is particularly large, you may want to provide a second version that is printer friendly. Clearly note this in the titles of the files.
- If your file is too large to upload, put two or more slides on one page and try uploading again.
- Plan to bring 100 copies of your handout with you. While members can access the handout via their devices, most still like to receive paper copies on site. Extra copies can be dropped off at the Printer Handout Station on the third floor of the Wisconsin Center near registration. There is a file for every session in the designated bins.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Dan Linehan, WASB Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-512-1701.
Wisconsin State Education Convention
122 W. Washington Ave., Suite 400 · Madison, WI 53703
toll-free 877-705-4422 ph 608-257-2622 · fax 608-257-8386