School Board Elections: Resources
WASB Publications and Webinars
These publications are designed to provide general information, with commentary, as a service to WASB members and school board candidates. The publications should not be relied upon as legal advice. If required, legal advice regarding the topics in the publications should be obtained from the district’s legal counsel or a candidate’s personal attorney.
- 2024 Spring Election of School Board Members
Each fall, the WASB holds a two-part webinar that covers key deadlines, required notices and post-election processes. In 2023, the webinars were held on Oct. 19 and Oct. 25. The recordings of those webinars are now available for purchase. Registration includes access to both Part 1 (the election process) and Part 2 (campaign finance from the perspective of the filing officer). Enter the WASB Store to purchase this webinar series and receive access to recordings, presentations and supplementary materials.
Wisconsin Elections and Ethics Commissions Resources
- Election Administration Manual for Wisconsin School District Clerks (rev. Jan. 2021)
- Election Administration Manual (general; including municipal elections) (rev. Sept. 2023)
- Elections Commission Forms
- Ballot Access Checklist for School Board Candidates (2024 Election) New!
- Campaign Finance Overview for Local Candidates (rev. Sept. 2023) New!
- Ethics Commission Forms (select “Form” in “Document Type”)
- Campaign Finance Registration Statement for Local Candidate Committees, Form CF-1L (revised 09/2023) New!
- Campaign Finance Checklist for School Board Candidates (2024 Election) New!
- Individual Donor Contribution Limits Based on 2020 Census Data (see also the February 9, 2022 WASB Legal & Policy Newsletter)
- Ethics Commission Guideline ETH-1304 related to lawful and unlawful anonymous contributions (issued October 2023) New!