School Board Elections: Resources
WASB Publications and Webinars
These publications are designed to provide general information, with commentary, as a service to WASB members and school board candidates. The publications should not be relied upon as legal advice. If required, legal advice regarding the topics in the publications should be obtained from the district’s legal counsel or a candidate’s personal attorney.
- 2022 School District Election Schedule (login required)
- Campaign Finance Supplement to the 2022 Election Schedule (login required)
- Guide For Candidates (2022 edition)
Each fall, the WASB holds a two-part webinar webinar that covers key deadlines, required notices and post-election processes. They will be of particular interest to school district clerks and to superintendents’ administrative assistants (who often assist with election duties). Registration includes access to Part 1 and Part 2.
Enter the WASB Store to purchase this webinar series and receive access to recordings, presentations and supplementary materials.
Wisconsin Elections and Ethics Commissions Resources
- Election Administration Manual for Wisconsin School District Clerks (rev. Jan. 2021)
- Election Administration Manual (general; including municipal elections) (rev. Sept. 2020)
- Elections Commission Forms
- Ballot Access Checklist for School Board Candidates
- Campaign Finance Overview for Local Candidates (manual)
- Ethics Commission Forms (select “Form” in “Document Type”)
- Campaign Finance Checklist for School Board Candidates (2022 Election)