Superintendent Evaluation Framework
The WASB Framework for Superintendent Evaluation recognizes the need for a collaborative development process to support the continuous growth of the superintendent. The evaluation should be used to foster this growth and to improve the overall leadership within the district. The WASB Framework for Superintendent Evaluation includes:
- Evaluation requirements
- Key considerations
- Prompts and questions for the first-year superintendent
- Standards-based rubrics for the beyond first-year superintendent, that include a self-assessment and the assessment from the board
- Sample performance narrative evaluation document
- Information about superintendent goals
- Job description audit tool
- Sample artifacts
For those who would like to learn about the Framework in more detail, WASB consultant Dan Nerad recorded this introductory video.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about the Framework.
The WASB Framework for Superintendent Evaluation is a three-year subscription for member school districts.
For a one-time fee of $600, the subscribing school district receives access to the online framework for three years for the full school board, the district administrator and a designated administrative assistant, as well as two hours of professional development for the school board to learn how to use the framework.
Additional fee-based assistance from a WASB governance consultant is available upon request.
To purchase the Superintendent Evaluation Framework for your district:
(Note: The following steps are intended for the person who has access to and is authorized to make purchases for the district in the WASB online portal. This is typically the district administrator, business official and/or district administrative assistant.)
- Log in to the WASB website and click on “My Portal”
- On your district’s portal page, scroll down to Subscriptions
- Click “Subscribe to a Subscription”
- Select Superintendent Evaluation Framework
The district’s billing contact will receive a confirmation email and a WASB consultant will contact the district administrator to schedule the professional development training. Once that contact has been made, the district members will receive access to the Framework.