Pre-Delegate Assembly Discussion
Tuesday, Jan. 19, 7-8 pm
Pre-Delegate Assembly Webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81302602434 (no passcode required)
This discussion session will give delegates an opportunity to seek any needed clarifications of the resolutions forwarded to the Delegate Assembly by the WASB Policy and Resolutions Committee and inform staff of any potential amendments. This will be an informational session only. Members are encouraged to ask questions, but no action will be taken and no debate will be allowed.
This session also serves as the opportunity for delegates to propose emergency resolutions to the Policy and Resolutions Committee. It will include a review of parliamentary procedure for delegate assemblies as well as a review of the online voting procedures.
Wednesday, Jan. 20, 1:30 pm
All delegates: Use the button above to access the Delegate Assembly Zoom meeting. WASB log in required. If you need assistance logging in, contact the WASB at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-257-2622.
Delegates registered for the convention: There is a Delegate Assembly breakout session in the virtual convention hub that you may use to access the Delegate Assembly. When you enter the breakout session, look for the link in the chat box to the Zoom meeting.
To participate in the Delegate Assembly:
- After entering the Delegate Assembly, left-click your name to change your name to your first name, last name and school district (this is highly recommended if you wish to speak to a resolution so you can be properly called upon).
- To speak to a resolution, click on the “raise hand” icon and wait to be called upon by the chair. You may have to click on “Reactions” or another button to see the “raise hand” icon.
- When recognized, unmute your microphone and begin by stating your name and school district.
- View the Visual Guide to Zoom Features for Delegate Assembly
- Watch the Delegate Orientation Video by Doug Witte, Parliamentarian. (This video is hosted on Vimeo. You do not have to join or login to Vimeo to view the video. Simply press the “Play” button on the bottom left of the video square.)
Please ensure that the WASB has the name of your delegate. Convention registration is not required to participate in the Delegate Assembly.
Non-Delegate Access: The Delegate Assembly will be recorded and broadcast live via YouTube for non-delegates to watch. The link to that livestream will be posted here shortly before the Delegate Assembly begins on Jan. 20.
Technology needed for the Delegate Assembly:
- Access to a computer with a stable internet connection
- Access to a computer with a microphone and camera if he/she wants to speak on a resolution during the Delegate Assembly
- A firewall that allows access to Zoom (It is not required, but we encourage delegates to download the Zoom app ahead of time to ensure that it works for them on their device. Navigate to zoom.us and follow the instructions.)