Advocacy and Government Relations Services
The WASB positions on policy issues are generally decided by the WASB Delegate Assembly, which is comprised of one representative from each member school board and CESA board of control. The Delegate Assembly meets annually at the time of the WASB-WASDA-WASBO State Education Convention in January. The process begins months earlier with the Policy and Resolutions Committee comprised of 25 school board members from across the state.
The Policy and Resolutions Committee evaluates the resolutions submitted by WASB member boards and determines which resolutions will advance to the next Delegate Assembly. Resolutions turned down by the committee are still afforded an opportunity to be brought to the Delegate Assembly floor.
Resolutions are due each year by Sept. 15. Contact the WASB government relations staff for additional information.
The Resolutions Adopted by Delegate Assemblies book contains the collected policy positions adopted by Delegate Assemblies throughout the years.
2021 DELEGATE ASSEMBLY (Virtual)
- Adopted 2021 Resolutions
- Recording of 2021 Delegate Assembly
- Recording of Jan. 19 Policy and Resolutions Committee Meeting
- 2021 Delegate Orientation Video
- 2021 Delegate Assembly Meeting Information
- Visual Guide to Zoom Features for Delegate Assembly
- 2021 Delegate Information Packets Webpage
- Proposed 2021 Resolutions