School Fair Request for Exhibit Proposals
Showcase Your District
Tell your school’s story to Wisconsin school leaders gathered at the 100th Annual Joint State Education Convention.
School leaders recognize the need to share ideas, network and learn from each other. Innovations at one school often become models for others.
The Joint State Education Convention School Fair is a place for public schools to collectively generate enthusiasm for public education and tell their stories to the state. Send your students and educators to share the innovative programs and projects that have made a difference in your district.
The submission deadline has passed. Please contact WASB Communications Director Sheri Krause with questions.
- Is the topic of high interest and relevant to today’s school officials?
- Is there evidence that this project demonstrates effective
teaching and learning?
- Does the proposal provide specific information regarding how
the exhibit will look and/or what it will offer?
- Will the exhibit provide solid, practical “how-to” information?
- Will the topic promote action or interest beyond the annual conference?
- Districts selected are responsible for all arrangements and expenses necessary for participation in the program.
- Members of the exhibit team should include teachers and students. Others from the participating district and/or district partners may participate but should be registered for the convention through the standard registration/exhibitor process.
- Booth must be staffed with at least one adult at all times.
School Fair Exhibit Dates and Times
School Fair Exhibit dates and times (We ask that you are available both days):
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 – 9 am-4 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 21 – 9 am-2 pm
Hours are subject to change.
- One 10′ pop-up display with graphic header
- One skirted table
- Two chairs
- Electricity upon request
Questions? Contact Amy Qualmann of the WASB at 608-257-2622, 877-705-4422 (toll-free) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important 2020 Dates
- June 26: Submission Deadline (Use online form)
- Sept. 11: Acceptance notifications sent
- Sept. 25: Confirmations of acceptance returned to the WASB.
- Jan. 8, 2021: Deadline to submit names of teachers and students participating in a School Fair exhibit (Note: school board members, district administrators and school business officials from districts participating in a School Fair exhibit must register through the standard convention registration process)