Meet and Network with Convention Attendees
In addition to attending sessions, workshops and tours, take advantage of the numerous ways to interact with other attendees in the virtual convention hub.
(Note: The functions listed below are only available through the virtual convention hub, which will be accessible Jan. 20-22, 2021.)
Connect with Attendees and Speakers
- Post comments and ask questions.
- Throughout the virtual convention platform hub, use the chat box on the right-hand side to post comments, ask questions and provide feedback.
- Click on “People” in the hub menu and connect one-on-one with other attendees.
- Have a private chat via posts or a video call or set up a time to meet.
- Click on “Workshop” in the hub menu to participate in a roundtable session.
- Turn on your microphone and camera to fully engage with other participants.
- Click on “Lounge” in the hub menu to enter a room dedicated to a particular issue or topic.
- Add posts, attend live forums and add your own images and videos to the discussion.
- The WASB will be hosting a lounge – stop by and say hello to the staff!
- Click on “Networking” in the hub menu to participate in scheduled speed networking sessions.
- In these five-minute, one-on-one video calls, meet new people, find out what they’ve gained from the convention, learn about their plans for the spring semester, and share your own experiences.
Connect with Exhibitors
- Learn about the exhibiting companies, check out their products and materials, watch a short video, request a meeting and if an exhibitor is present, chat one-on-one.
- Make it a game and win prizes for your district!
- Earn points by visiting exhibitor booths, learning about their products and services, and scheduling meetings with company representatives.
- Watch the Leaderboard on the home page of the virtual convention hub to see who has earned the most points and will win prizes for their districts. Visit the convention website at WASB.org to learn more.