Annual Board Development Tool
A joint initiative by the WASB and School Perceptions
Want to improve your school board’s effectiveness?
Start by taking the complimentary Annual Board Development Tool online survey. Created by School Perceptions and the Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB), the survey is designed to help boards identify their areas of strength and alignment as well as where further dialogue and discussion is needed.
Access to the Tool is complimentary for all WASB members.
In a recent WASB Connection Podcast episode, we discuss the Annual Board Development Tool with Shelley Burns, board president at Mequon-Thiensville, and Rob DeMeuse, research director at School Perceptions.
More Information About the Tool
Using the Key Work of School Boards as the foundation, the Annual Board Development Tool allows board members to rate their work on:
- Board operations
- Data-driven decision making
- District operations
- Community engagement
Board members have the ability to participate on their own schedules, allowing time for individual education and reflection.
“School Board Survey, Statewide Annual Board Development Tool Reports Boards’ Successes and Areas of Focus,” Wisconsin School News, October 2016
How to Take the Survey and Access Your District's Results
- Use any computer with Internet access.
- Go to the website www.feedback2000.com.
- Enter the Survey Access Number sent by the WASB.
- Watch for an email from the Administrator Dashboard sent by your district. The Dashboard allows a district representative to preview the survey, send out the survey in multiple ways, follow who has responded, send reminder emails to board members who have not yet completed surveys, and access real-time results as they become available.
To view the aggregate results after each member of your board has completed the survey, go to www.schoolperceptions.com and enter in the special project code and password included in the administration packet provided to your district.
Individual member and district codes to access the survey are distributed each fall by the WASB. If your district needs another copy of its packet or if you have any questions about how to access the survey, please contact Ben Niehaus, WASB member services director, at 608-512-1706 or email@example.com.
Unique codes are generated each school year so be sure to use the codes generated for that year.
Preview Survey and Sample Reports
Use this link to preview the survey: https://www.schoolperceptions.com/Survey/index.php?loginId=LPZ4-S7Y6-VXKF-T7F3
Do NOT use the above link to administer the survey with your district. To access the appropriate link for your district, use the link that was sent to your district or contact the WASB for assistancce.
Follow Up Services by School Perceptions and the WASB (Optional)
Once a district completes the survey, it can access its own aggregate results but the results will only be useful when the board reviews and uses the data to drive planning.
Additional steps can be taken if a district wants an analysis and/or a facilitated discussion about the results.
- Upon request, School Perceptions will provide a written report (fee-based) that provides:
- Itemized state comparison;
- Itemized longitudinal comparison; and
- Itemized index to the Key Work of School Boards and an equity index.
- If a report is requested from School Perceptions, the WASB will provide an additional, complimentary analysis with recommendations for next steps, which may include working with WASB staff and /or consultants on Customized Leadership Services.
The WASB is happy to facilitate the conversation and assist you with the development of your plan.