The Assembly Committee on Education will hold a public hearing on three bills after voting to recommend two bills from a previous hearing. The committee will meet at 9:30 am on Thursday, May 25 in room 417 North (State Capitol).
Reminder: an executive session is a vote of the committee on whether to recommend the legislation for passage by the full Assembly. It usually includes a discussion among committee members but no public comment is taken. A public hearing includes public comment on the proposals.
- AB 109 Financial Literacy: Requiring one-half credit of personal financial literacy for high school graduation.
- AB 024 Child Abuse Hotline: Posting the child abuse and neglect reporting hotline in school buildings
- AB 099 Teaching Licenses: Maintaining a lifetime teaching, administrator, or pupil services license.
- AB 246 Advisory Committee Membership: The membership of a human growth and development curriculum advisory committee.
- AB 232 Hmong American Instruction: Directing school boards to provide instruction on Hmong Americans and Asian Americans.