As we move into 2019, we decided to take a look back at the ten most viewed posts here at the Legislative Update blog in 2018. One of the biggest stories was the creation of the school safety grants administered by the Office of School Safety at the Wisconsin Department of Justice and that is reflected here as six of the top ten were on that topic.
What will be the top posts of 2019? Only time will tell, but a good bet is the 2019-21 state budget debate that is already beginning. Thanks for reading and we look forward to keeping our readers up to date on important K-12 legislative happenings in 2019!
Top Ten 2018 Legislative Update Posts (by views)
10. Governor to sign more K-12 education bills into law Monday (466 views)
9. K-12 education bills currently awaiting the governor’s signature (480)
8. What does “blueprint” really mean in new school safety law? (505)
7. Details of Governor’s special session school safety package emerge (516)
6. Governor signs school safety package into law (537)
5. Additional school safety grant recipients announced (577)
4. Here’s what local school leaders need to know about the new federal CTE law (596)
3. DOJ announces awarding of school safety grant funding to 20 school districts & private schools (601)
2. DOJ announces $3.5 million in school safety grants to 52 school districts and private schools (707)
1. DOR: Apply for $100 child sales tax rebate beginning May 15 (1,341)