Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Convention Experience
- Approach the convention as a team. Meet with your colleagues who are going and plan your agenda. Determine which sessions and exhibitors your district would benefit learning from the most and decide who from your district will be going where.
- Use the convention mobile app to select your targeted sessions and exhibitors and make your own schedule. (To make your own schedule, you’ll need to go through the steps to create a login ID for the convention schedule. This is separate from the WASB website login.)
- Review the WASB Delegate Assembly materials and ensure that your delegate has clear direction from your board on how to vote.
During the Convention
- Registration will be open Tuesday afternoon until 6 p.m. So, if you arrive early, pick up your registration materials on the third floor of the convention center to skip the line on Wednesday morning. One person from the district can pick up all the badges for your district if that would be helpful.
- If you’re the delegate, take advantage of the pre-Delegate meeting on Tuesday evening.
- If you’re a first-time delegate and/or first-time convention attendee, take advantage of the orientation on Wednesday morning of the convention.
- Use meal times to catch up with your colleagues.
- Stop by the convention bookstore to peruse dozens of books on education administration and leadership.
- Schedule time on the agenda for follow up reports from board members and administrators about what they learned at the convention.
- If you are planning on reporting back to your board members about the convention, here are some tips to highlight the information shared at the event.
Wisconsin State Education Convention
122 W. Washington Ave., Suite 400 · Madison, WI 53703
toll-free 877-705-4422 · phone 608-257-2622 · fax 608-257-8386